We are pleased to announce the release of IBM Aspera Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point Client, and Desktop Client version 3.7.4 for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. This release provides a number of enhancements including support for transfers to Microsoft Azure Files, enhanced security, ascp4 transfer stability and error handling, new features in the Node API, Watchfolder, Aspera Watch Service, and object storage support.
KEY NEW FEATURES
- Transfers with Microsoft Azure Files are now supported, including using Azure Files access keys and the ability to create connections to Azure Files storage in the GUI.
- Hot Folder processes running on Windows platforms are now multi-threaded, allowing other processes to continue in cases when periodic scans take a long time (>1 hour).
- A new Hot Folder maintenance option for Windows deployments that provides a scriptable way to update passwords in cases when passwords must be updated frequently.
- Availability of a new command-line tool, aclean, for Windows platforms. aclean is a fast method of deleting directories and files from local and object storage. Directories and files can be filtered based on their last modified times, and the tool supports doing a dry run to determine what content will be deleted.
- Data is now encrypted in transit (using AES-128) by default when a new connection is created in the GUI.
- Increased server security with upgrades to the OpenSSH SSHD service.
- Improved ascp4 transfer stability.
- Improved error handling including:
- errors are reported to both the client and server
- if the destination does not have enough disk space to receive the transfer then the session now exits with an error message
- if some files in a transfer session fail to transfer, the last failure is now reported in the A4 session status.
- The -u option can now be used with ascp4 to specify user strings to pre- and post-processing scripts.
- The Node API /ops/transfers now supports ascp4 transfers.
- The Node API can now pass instructions on how FASP transfers handle symbolic links. If no method is specified, the default policy is now follow.
- The logging thread to the kvstore database now times out after the FASP transfer session ends. The timeout period can be configured with a new setting, <activity_log_queue_timeout>, in aspera.conf.
- Partial files reported by a /files/browse call can now be identified with the new "partial_file" : true attribute, allowing them to be processed separately from complete files. To enable this, the <partial_file_suffix> must be set in aspera.conf. Files with the resume suffix are still filtered out from the dictionary.
Watchfolder and Aspera Watch Service
- Faster directory scanning by the Aspera Watch Service, particularly of directories that contain many (10,000s) subdirectories.
- Watchfolders now supports IPv6 addresses.
- Watchfolder can delete files from the source as soon as the file is successfully transferred, rather than waiting for the session to complete.
Object Storage Support
- Improved restart process of the Aspera License Entitlement Engine avoids rare race conditions that can cause ALEE to fail to restart.
- Improved robustness of connections to the Redis database with a new Trapd maximum open file limit of 20,000.
- New ability for Trapd and custom Trapd plugins to use different libraries.
- Simplified s3.properties configuration due to AWS S3 infrastructure enhancements that no longer require host caching and selection to optimize transfer performance.
HOW TO UPGRADE
This 3.7.4 release is available for download for each individual product listed below. Aspera’s support team stands by ready to help you as needed with upgrades. If you have any questions or would like upgrade assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aspera Enterprise Server 3.7.4 is available for download here
- Aspera Connect Server 3.7.4 is available for download here
- Aspera Point-to-Point Client 3.7.4 is available for download here
- Aspera Desktop Client 3.7.4 is available for download here
FULL RELEASE NOTES
The release notes for v3.7.4 for Linux & Mac OS X can be found here
The release notes for v3.7.4 for Windows can be found here