Product Release: October 23, 2017
Release Notes Updated: March 20, 2018
- Locking auto-scale activity is more robust. Status update and pool management actions are now decoupled from auto-scale actions, which allows cluster state to be properly reflected in API calls and the ATC Manager UI even when auto-scaling is disabled.
- Improved error reporting for auto-scaling activity, including failures to launch new nodes due to start-frequency limits. Any failure now sets the status of Auto Scaling to DEGRADED (on the Status tab).
- Upgraded node images now use IBM Aspera Enterprise Server 3.7.4, which enhances the robustness of connections to object storage, among other improvements.
- For AWS S3, Content Type is now automatically applied to uploaded objects from a list of content types. If you do not want to use content types, a sample first-boot script to disable content types is provided in the guide.
- In the rare cases when a new cluster node is launched but not registered with the ATC manager, nodes now detect this and automatically register.
- A new API call, /replace-nodes, replaces all nodes of a running cluster with new instances.
- The version of Aspera Enterprise Server that is used on cluster nodes is now reported by the nodes on startup and can be retrieved in the ATC Manager UI or using the API.
- Cluster nodes can now obtain configuration from any other cluster node or cluster manager upon startup.
- Improved reporting of service stops and starts, including the logging of error messages if the action fails.
- Cluster node AWS images are now enabled with enhanced networking using an elastic network adapter (ENA). For more information on the benefits of enhanced networking, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking.html.
- Enhancements to the Node API enable pausing, resuming, and cancelling Aspera Transfer Cluster Manager transfers from the Aspera Console UI. (CIM-215)
- The Softlayer DNS Service is now supported.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
ATC-290 - The Node API can respond on port 9092, rather than port 443.
TRAP-89 - A cluster on AWS that uses S3 server-side encryption with KMS cannot connect to Files because folders with '@' in their names are not supported.
AMAZON MACHINE IMAGE (AMI) INFORMATIONCluster Manager Image
SOFTLAYER MACHINE IMAGE INFORMATION
Cluster Manager Image
|Data Center||Registered Image|
|ams01, dal01, dal05, dal06, dal09, dal10, dal12, dal13, fra01, fra02, lon02, mil01, sjc01, sjc03, wdc01, wdc04, wdc06 wdc07||96c16681-3a9a-46e4-a3de-6bf6c48db446|
Transfer Node Image
|Data Center||Registered Image|
|ams01, dal01, dal05, dal06, dal09, dal10, dal12, dal13, fra02, lon02, mil01, sjc01, sjc03, wdc01, wdc04, wdc06 wdc07||4223bdf4-127f-49f1-ac4b-2d89274bd353|
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
ATC-433 - [EC2 and Azure] The DNS templates include an extra line that causes the hosted zone and hosted zone ID to not populate when launching a cluster. Workaround:
- Immediately after launching the cluster manager, SSH into the instance.
- Open /opt/aspera/clusterconsole/etc/import-templates.yml and delete the line:
dns_manager_config:For example, locate the following section:
aws_route53_config: &common_aws_route53_config dns_manager_config: type: AWS_ROUTE53and remove the "dns_manager_config:" line so that you have the following:
aws_route53_config: &common_aws_route53_config type: AWS_ROUTE53
- Run the following commands to overwrite the existing default templates with the corrected templates:
# cd /opt/aspera/firstboot
ATC-327 - [AWS] Route 53 DNS updates fail intermittently with the error, "com.amazonaws.services.route53.model.InvalidInputException".
ATC-322 - Syncing Console 3.2.0 access keys from the ATC Manager UI deletes sub-access keys. (CIM-543)
ATC-320 - Trapd can take up to 5 minutes to timeout when attempting to browse an unreachable IP address.
ATC-293 - Transfers intiated using the Aspera RPC-style API fail.
ATC-292 - ATC Manager does not support multiple ascp sessions that upload the same files to the same destination.
ATC-207 - The ATC Manager UI displays a maximum of ten access keys in the access keys table and in the transfer statistics drop-down menu.
ATC-29 - During a node upgrade, if an invalid node image ID is configured, then ATC Manager cannot launch new nodes and is stuck in "UPGRADING" state. The configuration cannot be corrected once the invalid image ID is entered.
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.