Product Release: December 15, 2017
Release Notes Updated: December 15, 2017
This release of IBM Aspera Transfer Service 1.5 for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and IBM Cloud provides the new features, fixes, and other changes listed below. These release notes also list system requirements, including supported platforms, and known problems.
- Azure Files is now supported.
- Cross Region and Regional IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) are now supported. For Cross Region storage, one access key is created and duplicated across the ATS regional clusters, providing the same resiliency as the IBM COS multi-region clusters.
- When creating trust policies with the ATS API for assume-role authentication to S3 storage, users can now specify the region as part of the request.
- ATS API keys can now be created by using the ATS API.
- Improved stability during access key creation and modification.
- The ATS API now returns public IP addresses as part of the response to /pub/v1/servers requests.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
ATS-114 - If the ATS API is used to create an invalid access key (such as one with invalid credentials or incomplete JSON), the invalid access key is returned on the next call to list the access keys.
Aspera transfer client: The following products can be configured to transfer using ATS:
- Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point Client, and Desktop Client 3.6+
- Faspex 3.9.4+
- Shares 1.9.6+
- Console 3.1.1+ (Transfer monitoring)
- Console 3.2.0 (GA)+ (Transfer monitoring and initiation)
- Aspera Files
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
ATS-190 - Renaming files in ATS clusters by using IBM Aspera Shares 1.x or 2.0.x fails with the error message, "No such file or directory" and Shares might crash.
ATS-187 - Access to ATS is not revoked when the Aspera ID password is changed because Aspera Desktop Client does not ask for a password. (CIM-803) Workaround: On each Desktop Client for which you want to revoke access, go to Tools > Manage ATS. Select the subscription that you want to manage from the Subscription drop-down menu and click Manage. Click the subscription that you want to remove and click the minus sign (Delete a subscription).
ATS-63 - When you add an ATS cluster to an Aspera web application (IBM Aspera Shares or IBM Aspera Faspex), the ATS access key does not consistently provide access to ATS, often quickly alternating between usable and unusable.
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.