We are pleased to announce the release of IBM Aspera Enterprise Server and Connect Server 3.7.3 for Isilon. In addition to automation and performance enhancements, this new release strengthens transfer security.
KEY NEW FEATURES
Enhanced Security & Access Controls
- New checksum algorithms SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512 can be utilized to ensure data integrity and authenticity.
- Improved detection of potential Distributed Denial of Service attempts involving missing or slow SSL negotiation requests. The HTTP fallback daemon now automatically times out connections that do not send a request or are too slow.
- FASP transfers run with ascp on Isilon can now use access key authentication.
- Watchfolders and the Aspera Watch Service are now supported on Isilon.
- The performance of the FASP protocol has been enhanced on the Isilon platforms Compared to prior releases, unencrypted CPU-bound transfers may see an increase of up to 100% in overall throughput; and encrypted CPU-bound transfers may see an increase in overall throughput of up to 20%.
HOW TO UPGRADE
This 3.7.3 release is available for download for each individual product listed below. Aspera’s support team stands by ready to help you as needed with upgrades. If you have any questions or would like upgrade assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aspera Enterprise Server 3.7.3 for Isilon is available for download here
- Aspera Connect Server 3.7.3 is available for download here
FULL RELEASE NOTES
The release notes for IBM Aspera Enterprise Server and Connect Server 3.7.3 for Isilon can be found here.