We are pleased to announce the release of IBM Aspera Faspex™ 4.1.0 for Linux and Windows. This release adds new package sending capabilities, security enhancements, new user management options, and additions to the product APIs.
New package sending capabilities
- New capability to delay or schedule Faspex™ package delivery.
- Administrators can now set global “Terms of Service” for package sending to govern and get acknowledgement of user access to secure and sensitive data.
- New configuration option to restrict sending external packages to existing Faspex users.
- New customizable email template for CC on Receipt email notifications.
- New support for signed SAML authentication requests.
- New ability to restrict login access to only known SAML users.
- Invalid SAML assertion error logging now includes more details, including the invalid assertion.
- Log files now include users password and email address change events, including information about the account that made the changes.
New user management options
- New option to restrict package sending to only authorized dropboxes. Administrators can block users to send normal packages using this option.
- New ability to define different configuration policies to delete inactive local and external Faspex™ users from different authentication providers such as SAML and LDAP.
Product API additions
- You can now use the Faspex™ health check url to to provide node status information to load balancers.
- New support for OAuth authentication, endpoints for SAML configurations, endpoints for Dropbox / Workgroup configurations and Dropbox / Workgroup membership management.
- New support for the ability to replicate the contents from the destination share to all custom inboxes, recipient shares, and override shares.
HOW TO UPGRADE
The Faspex™ 4.1.0 release is available for download here. Aspera’s support team stands by ready to help you as needed with upgrades. If you have any questions or would like upgrade assistance, please contact email@example.com.
FULL RELEASE NOTES
The release notes for IBM Aspera Faspex™ 4.1.0 for Linux and Windows can be found here.