We are pleased to announce the release of IBM Aspera Orchestrator 3.0.1 for Linux. This major release provides a fresh modern interface that brings you faster development and easier workflow administration. Also included are new features to support team collaboration on workflow designs, enhanced scalability, API improvements for programmatic monitoring and control of workflow execution, and a host of new plug-ins.
Modern interface for faster development and easier workflow administration
- Streamlined workflow designer with new modal interface for configuring workflow steps.
- Workflow designer real estate management using zoom and menu bar minimization.
- Easier global workflow template creation.
- Performance statistics in the context of historical numbers.
- Resource dependency mapping.
Additional support for team collaboration on workflow designs
- Workflow check out / check in that locks the workflow for editing.
- Knowledge transfer and workflow documentation facilitated through Post-it notes.
- Folder permissions to manage access control to workflows.
- Audit log of workflow and work step configuration changes.
- High-availability-like setup facilitated by running multiple engines on a single machine.
- Auto scale of worker processes.
Improved APIs for programmatic monitoring and control of workflow execution
- Better visibility into Queues and the ability to reorder the queued items.
- Access to performance statistics and alerts.
- Granular status of workflow execution.
- Out-of-the-box support for Aspera's product set that includes the Aspera Transfer Service, Aspera Shares, Aspera FASPStream, and Aspera Faspex™ package monitoring.
- Support for Amazon services that include Amazon Elastic Transcoder, Glacier Operations, S3 Operations, SQS, and SWF.
- New Alerts plug-in.
HOW TO UPGRADE
This 3.0.1 release is available for download here. Aspera’s support team stands by ready to help you as needed with upgrades. If you have any questions or would like upgrade assistance, please contact email@example.com.
FULL RELEASE NOTES
The release notes for IBM Aspera Orchestrator 3.0.1 can be found here.