We are pleased to announce the release of IBM Aspera Drive 3.1.0. This release adds new remote collaboration capabilities to the product's feature set.
- Check-in / Check-out for Collaborative Editing - A new check-out option allows users to check out and download their own local copy of files and make local changes exclusively, while other users can continue to download and view the master copy without modification. The user can easily check-in finished versions, which automatically uploads the file and replaces the master copy. Users can right-click to display the metadata of any file, including its checked out status and current owner for easy management. Users can also conveniently view all of their checked out files in one consolidated "Local Checkouts" area for easy access and management (check-in, revert, etc.) Also supports check-in and check out as Drive performs sync
- New remote Share-to-Share transfer capabilities - For Drive with Aspera Files or Aspera Shares 2.x transfer servers, users can now "move" and "copy" files in the infrastructure through simply dragging-and-dropping or menu options directly in the remote browsing view, enabling local or around-the-world high speed transfers directly from the user's desktop
- Expanded Remote Permission Options - The remote browsing view in Drive 3.1 supports an expanded set of operations including direct preview of eligible files from Aspera Files
- Support for Aspera Shares 2.0 - Supports Shares 2.0, a major new architecture of the Aspera Files application, with extended permissions support
- Aspera Files dropbox integration - Enables Drive users to send content directly to a dropbox in Files workspaces if a dropbox has been configured.
- Support for the MacBook Pro Touch Bar - Drive now supports the Touch Bar that is available on 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pro laptop computers. The Touch Bar works as a replacement for the traditional top row of function keys on a keyboard
- Replace "Send to..." option in menu with "Share to..."
HOW TO UPGRADE
This 3.1.0 release is available for download here. Aspera’s support team stands by ready to help you as needed with upgrades. If you have any questions or would like upgrade assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL RELEASE NOTES
The release notes for IBM Aspera Drive 3.1.0 can be found here.