This article describes how to upgrade Faspex On Demand 3.6.0 to version 3.7.3.
Customers upgrading from earlier releases may also need new product keys. Before upgrading, please take the following steps:
1. Log into your Faspex. SSH and sudo to the
root user. See this article for more details.
2. Back up your Faspex configuration and database. From the Faspex Web UI, go to Server > Configuration > Save/Restore to save your current Faspex configuration and database.
3. Back up your Apache configuration, which consists of the following files:
4. Back up your SSL certificate files
Locate and copy the
server.key files to a different location. The files can be found in the following locations:
5. Download the latest versions of Aspera software
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-entsrv-126.96.36.199984-linux-64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-common-188.8.131.52246-0.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-faspex-184.108.40.206919-0.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-ondemand-tools-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-ondemand-init-fod-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.7.3/aws/aspera-ondemand-init-base-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
1. Stop all Faspex processes.
# asctl all:stop
2. Upgrade Enterprise Server to 3.7.4.
# rpm -Uvh aspera-entsrv-220.127.116.11984-linux-64.rpm
# /opt/aspera/bin/asnodeadmin --db-update
# /opt/aspera/bin/alee-admin register customer_id entitlement_id
3. Upgrade the AOD RPMs.
# rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-init-base-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-tools-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-init-fod-3.7.3-146311.x86_64.rpm
4. Upgrade the Common and Faspex RPMs.
# rpm -Uvh aspera-common-18.104.22.168246-0.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-faspex-22.214.171.124919-0.x86_64.rpm
5. Run the upgrade utility (during upgrade, you can answer
yes to all defaults by typing the letter "
# asctl faspex:upgrade
6. Restore your old
aspera.conf (if your transfer server is local).
# mv /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf.after.upgrade
# cp /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf.orig /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf
asperahttpd. (Apache, MySQL, and Faspex services were restarted automatically by the Faspex upgrade.)
# service asperanoded restart
# service asperatrapd restart
# service asperahttpd restart
8. Log in and confirm that Faspex is able to do transfers.