Restarting the SSH service is necessary if you made changes to your SSH configuration file, and a good idea if you are troubleshooting your SSH connection. Use the following instructions to restart your SSH service on Windows.
1. Open the Services control panel, which can be done in any of the following ways:
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Open a run box, type services.msc and hit enter
- Right click Computer in the Start menu and select Manage. Click Services and Applications, then Services
2. Locate and select OpenSSH in the list of services
3. On the left, click Restart