When an error occurs with your Aspera product you will usually be shown some sort of error message, and at times you may even see an error code that accompanies it.
Error codes and messages can appear in the GUI and on the command line, and are in a majority of cases recorded in the product logs.
Below is a reference of articles that describe some common error messages and error codes, and some troubleshooting measures you can take to resolve the issue.
Please be aware that there are multiple sets of error codes that Aspera products use, some which only appear in the logs and some which may appear in the GUI or command line. For many issues error codes in different sets overlap. This is why some of the articles below refer to multiple error codes for the same kind of error, or why an error code appears in multiple articles.
Therefore, you should take into account both the error code and the error message you see to help you narrow down the cause of your error.
Error code articles
- Errors 4/50: No such file or directory and 43/63: Cannot collect details about file or directory
- Error code 5/51: insufficient permissions
- Errors 15 and 11/12: UDP ports
- Error 19: Failed to authenticate
- Error 28/68: User aborted session
- Error 34/73: Management authorization refused
- Errors 36/60 and 35/59: Disk read and write failed
- Error 39/19: Peer aborted session
- Error 41/77: File location is outside ‘docroot’ hierarchy
- Error 44: UDP session initiation fatal error
- Error 47: Error establishing HTTP connection (check HTTP port and firewall)
- Error 48: File encryption error
- Error 50: Invalid configuration file