It is possible to automate the installation of Faspex or Console by using setup files to define the configuration options that are normally set manually during a typical install.
The setup files allow you to run the installation without needing to enter in any configuration information yourself.
- Product: Faspex, Console
- Common component version: Any
- Operating System: Linux, Windows
1. Install Enterprise Server, Common and finally Faspex or Console in that order.
For example, on Linux the commands would be the following, where version is the version of your installer:
# rpm -Uvh aspera-entsrv-version
# rpm -Uvh aspera-common-version
# rpm -Uvh aspera-faspex-version
2. Create the setup files for automated installation with the
The setup files must end with the
yml extension. Create the setup file for (1) Apache, (2) MySQL and finally, (3) your product (Faspex or Console) in this order. During this step you will set the configuration options manually, as well as do manual confirmations. You can save the file to a directory of your choice.
The commands for creating the setup files are the following:
# asctl apache:create_setup_file "/path/to/apache_setup_file.yml"
# asctl mysql:create_setup_file "/path/to/mysql_setup_file.yml"
# asctl faspex:create_setup_file "/path/to/faspex_setup_file.yml"
# asctl console:create_setup_file "/path/to/console_setup_file.yml"
3. Edit the
- Console: Common 188.8.131.52559 or later
- Faspex: Common 184.108.40.206559 or later
Alternatively, if you see the following code changes already present in
questionnaire_controller.rb, do not modify the file and continue to step 4.
Open the following file in a text editor:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Aspera\Common\asctl\lib\asctl\questionnaire_controller.rb"
Look for the following lines (around line 209):
return true unless answers_to_verify?(answers)
Replace them with the following lines:
return true unless answers_to_verify?(answers) && ENV['no_questions'] != 'y'
4. The setup files you created along with the Common component you modified can now be used for automated installations of Faspex or Console.
Before using the setup files, you will need to set the
no_questions environment variable to
# export no_questions=y
# set no_questions=y
5. Finally, you can use the setup files to complete the Faspex/Console installation with the following commands:
# asctl apache:setup_from_file /path/to/apache_setup_file.yml
# asctl mysql:setup_from_file /path/tomysql_setup_file.yml
# asctl faspex:setup_from_file "/path/to/faspex_setup_file.yml"
# asctl console:setup_from_file "/path/to/console_setup_file.yml"