When migrating Hotfolders from one machine to another, Hotfolder sync states are lost. This article describes how to migrate the Hotfolders with the sync states to the new machine.
- An existing machine with Hotfolders setup and running.
- A new machine with an Aspera transfer server installed. Ideally, all source paths for the Hotfolders should match the old machine. If not, it is possible to edit the files on the new machine for the new machine paths.
1. Exit the Aspera GUI on both the new machine and old machine if currently running.
2. Copy the following files from the old machine:
- C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Aspera\<PRODUCT>\ui.conf *
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspera\<PRODUCTION>\etc\sync-conf.xml
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspera\<PRODUCTION>\var\run\syncpair-*.xml
The * user is the user that the GUI is run as for the Hot Folders.
3. Place the files from step 2 in their respective directories on the new machine.
If the paths are different for the source directory between the old machine and the new, edit the following files to match paths relative to the new machine:
4. Now start the GUI on the new machine.
Hotfolders should now be configured with previous states preserved.