Your Aspera servers and your Shared storage are all part of an Active Directory Domain and you want to enable your AD users to use Aspera to access files on a CIFS Share.
- Make sure your Aspera Enterprise Server and Storage systems are both on the same domain.
- Log into your Aspera server as a domain admin and install the Aspera Server package. When configuring the services, select a domain account to run your services.
- Open up your Enterprise Server Configuration GUI, and add a new Domain account. Provide both the username and the domain when configuring the account.
- Configure the account with a UNC path for the document root:
- Create a CIFS share on your Storage system, and share it such that the user has permissions to write to the share.
Using your Aspera Client, create a connection to the Aspera Server, specifying the IP address (or hostname) as well as account, using DOMAIN format such as
KING\king3shown in the image below:
- You can also use the command line client to send files to the server. For example:
ascp bigfile.jpg --mode=send --user="KING\king3" --host=10.0.77.22 \\10.0.77.21\projects\