This article describes 2 methods for adding images to an email notification that uses the HTML template in the Aspera Console product.
The first method uses the linking method. For this to work, your image must be hosted on a server that is accessible to the recipient. The second method uses the embedded image method and increases the size of the email notifications.
The following instructions assume that you are familiar with Console's HTML Templates and are familiar with editing HTML.
For linking to an image, use the following instructions.
- Get the URL of the image, for example, http://downloads.asperasoft.com/images/pic_th/Aspera-sync.png
- Open up the HTML Template in Console, and find an appropriate location to insert the image.
- At that location, insert the following, replacing the image URL with your own:
Embedded image method
For an embedded image, use the following instructions.
- Use either an online Base64 encoder, or a Base64 encoding application. For example, you can use this online Base64 encoder.
- Select the image file you want to embed and encode it as a Base64 string.
- In the HTML template, find the area where you want to add the image. Once you have the Base64 string, add it like so, where Base64_string is the encoded Base64 string for your image:
You need to ensure that the image file you've uploaded is a
PNGimage. If not, you need to change the MIME type in the
IMG SRCtag accordingly. The MIME type portion is the
So for example, if your Base64 string is iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAUAAAAFCAYAAACNbyblAAAAHElEQVQI12P4//8/w38GIAXDIBKE0DHxgljNBAAO9TXL0Y4OHwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg== then your IMG SRC string looks like so: