It is a good idea to perform backups of your Aspera transfer server data, particularly when making significant changes such as upgrading your product. Below is a reference of the files required to backup the connections, users, prepost processing, and other server configuration data.
Files to backup
1. The etc folder located in the Aspera installation directory. The default installation directories are below:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspera\Enterprise Server
- Linux: /opt/aspera/
- Mac OS: /Library/Aspera
2. The var folder, also located in the installation directory
3. Back up the connections from either the GUI or the ui.conf file.
Please visit this article for instructions on how to back up the connections in the GUI.
Alternatively, you can back up the connections on the command line by backing up the ui.conf file. It's located in the following directories (where username is the user to back up connections for):
- Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Aspera\Enterprise Server
- Linux: /home/username/.aspera/enterprise\ server
- Mac OS: /Users/username/Application\ Support/Aspera/Enterprise Server
On Mac and Linux, to access these directories from the command line you must escape the space character using a backslash(\).