The default URL to your Connect Server interface is
your_host_name/aspera/user. If you would like visitors to
your_host_name to be redirected to the Connect Server interface, you can configure your host's index page with an HTML meta redirect.
1. Create a file called
index.html that will serve as your site's default page. Create it in a text editor at the following location:
/var/www/html/index.html(Note: This location may differ depending on your system.)
2. Paste the following content into
index.html, replacing your_host_name with your hostname:
<title>Connect Redirect Page</title>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/aspera/user">
Redirecting to /aspera/user
3. On Linux and Mac you are done.
On Windows you must configure
index.html as your default document in IIS:
- Click Start and search for iis. Open Internet Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the folders on the left and click the web site for your Connect Server (aspera should be located within it).
- In the middle panel under IIS, click the Default Document icon.
- Right click anywhere in the list and select Add. Enter index.html then click OK.
- Right click index.html and select Move Up. Do this until it is at the top of the list.
4. Test by browsing to the hostname of the Connect Server host.