In order to perform a system-wide installation on linux
You need to have done at least one installation for one user on this linux server.
When you have downloaded and installed the plug-in as described in the documentation , you have created a directory $HOME/.aspera for this user with the application and settings.
To install non interactively this on your existing user profiles you will have to follow these steps:
- Copy the original directory to the targeted user's environment : cp -rp ~olduser/.aspera ~newuser/
- Add the plug-in for mozilla : mkdir -p ~newuser/.mozilla/plugins && cp ~newuser/.aspera/connect/lib/libnpasperaweb.so ~newuser/.mozilla/plugins
- Edit the path configuration file echo ~newuser/.aspera/connect/bin>~newuser/.aspera/connect/etc/asperaconnect.path && chown newuser ~newuser/.aspera/connect/etc/asperaconnect.path
- Change the ownership of the directory and its contends : chown -R newuser ~newuser/.aspera &&chown -R newuser ~newuser/.mozilla
- For future user's creation copy the .aspera and ..mozilla directories into /etc/skel and change the following command : echo "~/.aspera/connect/bin">/etc/skel/.aspera/connect/etc/asperaconnect