If you are running Faspex on a Linux machine and need to move the MySQL database to a different storage location (such as to a new SAN or mount), you can do so by following the steps below.
Note that these instructions apply to standalone systems only (not HA systems).
1. Stop Faspex with the following command:
2. Move the MySQL data folder to a new location.
Use the following command with the path to your new location:
mv /opt/aspera/common/mysql/data new_location
3. Create a symbolic link between the original location and the new one:
ln -s new_location /opt/aspera/common/mysql/data
4. Start MySQL first to verify that everything is working properly after the move:
5. If MySQL started normally, start the rest of the Faspex services: