This article is for customers who have their purchased SSL certification for Aspera Faspex On Demand (FOD) and would like to know how to install the certifcates.
1) Connect to your FOD from a Terminal/Command Prompt via SSH as root
# ssh -i [customer's perm] -p 33001 ec2-user@[ec2 host IP]
# sudo su -
If you are not sure how to login to your Aspera Server, please see this article.
2) Change the current working directory to the configuration directory where the certification files are located and create a backup of the original certification keys:
[root@faspex]# cd /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf
[root@faspex]# mv /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/server.crt /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/server.crt.org
[root@faspex]# mv /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/server.key /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/server.key.org
3) Move your acquired SSL cert files to /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf and rename the certification file to cert.pem the and key file to cert.key
[root@faspex]# mv cert-from-cert-auth.com /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/cert.pem
[root@faspex]# mv cert-key.key /opt/aspera/common/apache/conf/cert.key
4) Restart the web server apache:
[root@faspex]# asctl apache:restart
5) Verify your newly installed certificate by visiting your Aspera Faspex On Demand web page using HTTPS(e.g., https://aspera.faspex.companyname.com). A green, blue, or other colored lock or icon will appear here. Selecting this icon will give you the verification information and, if the certification applied successfully, will state "Identification Verified," perhaps using slightly different wording, depending on your current browser.