This article provides the steps for upgrading your 3.4.0 Faspex On Demand to 3.4.6 release.
Before doing the upgrade, please prepare by doing the following:
- Log into your Faspex and sudo to the 'root' user.
- Backup your existing Faspex
# asctl faspex:backup_database
- Backup your aspera.conf
# cp /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf.before.3.4.6
- Download the latest versions of Aspera software
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw-private/ondemand/3.4.6/f9851ed3-d855-4857-a1e3-78a08a6d8392/aspera-entsrv-126.96.36.199403-linux-64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw-private/ondemand/3.4.6/f9851ed3-d855-4857-a1e3-78a08a6d8392/aspera-common-188.8.131.52413-0.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw-private/ondemand/3.4.6/f9851ed3-d855-4857-a1e3-78a08a6d8392/aspera-faspex-184.108.40.206542-0.x86_64.rpm
Procedure - Upgrade
- Upgrade the Enterprise Server
# rpm -Uvh aspera-entsrv-220.127.116.11403-linux-64.rpm
- Stop all Faspex processes
# asctl all:stop
- Upgrade the Common and Faspex RPMs
# rpm -Uvh aspera-common-18.104.22.168413-0.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-faspex-22.214.171.124542-0.x86_64.rpm
- Run the upgrade utility (during this upgrade, you can answer 'yes' to all defaults, by typing the letter 'y')
# asctl faspex:upgrade
- Restore your old aspera.conf (in case your transfer server is local)
# cp /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf.before.3.4.6 /opt/aspera/etc/aspera.conf
NOTE: If your Fapsex server is deployed on a separate system from your transfer server, then please be sure to copy the new 'token secrete' from your upgraded faspex to the actual transfer server.
- Restart asperanoded,asperatrapd , faspex and aspera_httpd services
# /etc/init.d/asperanoded restart
# /etc/init.d/asperatrapd restart
# asctl faspex:restart
# /etc/init.d/aspera_httpd restart
- Configure the Faspex application to support Entitlments
# asctl faspex:rake entitlement:turn_safe_net_entitlement_mode_on
- Login to your Faspex server as 'admin' and apply the new Entitlement. Server -> Entitlement menu.
- Login and confirm that Faspex is able to do transfers.
At this point your Faspex On Demand has been upgrade to the 3.4.6 release. If you are interested to migrate your upgraded system to the latest AMI, please contact Aspera Support.