This article provides instructions on how to upgrade Aspera Console that is bundled with Aspera Platform On Demand (APOD)/ Server On Demand (SOD) 3.5.4 from v.2.5.1 to v.3.0.1. If your APOD 3.5.4 comes with Shares web UI, please see this article for upgrade instructions.
Before doing the upgrade, please prepare by doing the following:
- SSH to your server, and 'sudo' to the root user. See this article for more details.
- Make sure there are no active transfers on your server.
- Download the installer of Console 3.0.1, Common 1.2.13 and Enterprise Server 3.5.5
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.5.4/aws/aspera-common-22.214.171.124370-0.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.5.4/aws/aspera-console-126.96.36.199431-0.x86_64.rpm
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.5.4/aws/aspera-entsrv-188.8.131.52274-linux-64.rpm
- Back up your current Console database
# asctl console:backup_database
- Stop all console processes
# asctl all:stop
- stop and remove nginx or configure nginx to use port 81 and 442
# service aspera-shares stop
# chkconfig --del aspera-shares
- Install Enterprise Server, Console and Common
# rpm -Uvh aspera-entsrv-184.108.40.206274-linux-64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-common-220.127.116.11370-0.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-console-18.104.22.168431-0.x86_64.rpm
- Upgrade Console
# asctl console:upgrade
- Now Console 3.0.1 is using Apache. Configure Apache to automatically start on reboot
# chkconfig --add aspera_httpd
Your system should be upgraded. Please login to confirm that everything is working as expected.