This article is for customers who are ready to get started with Faspex On Demand from the AWS marketplace. If you are still investigating Aspera On Demand options and want to learn more, please view the Aspera Cloud site for more info.
This article assumes that you have already completed the following:
- You have an Amazon AWS Account. To sign up for an AWS account, please go to the AWS login page and click on the 'Sign up' button.
- You plan to purchase Aspera Faspex on Demand via the Amazon Marketplace.
- You are familiar with how to use standard SSH clients to log into an Amazon Linux AMI. (See this article for more info)
Note: If you are curious about other Aspera cloud offerings, please review our Cloud Site.
- Persistent Storage options: If you are planning to use S3 for storage, you will need to either setup an IAM role or use your S3 Credentials: Access ID and secret Key. Please review the Persistent storage article for details.
- You have tested an Aspera Transfer to and from the Aspera Demo server located here. For this test, please use the Connect Browser plugin. This test will confirm wether or not your firewall may block Aspera transfers. For more information on firewall requirements, please see this article.
This article is for customers who are deploying Aspera Faspex on Demand via the Amazon marketplace.
AWS Marketplace Provisioning of an Aspera on Demand AMI is very simple and fast. The steps are documented here.
- Log into the Amazon Marketplace
- Search for Aspera
- Select Aspera Faspex On Demand product. NOTE: We also offer a "BYOE" (Bring your own Entitlement) option, but that requires that you purchase the entitlement from Aspera.
- Click on the big yellow "Continue" button.
- Create IAM roles. See notes here.
- Review the terms and click on 'Accept Terms & Launch with 1-click"
- Once your system is booted, point your browser to the URL and login. Username: admin ; password: Instance ID
The documentation for Faspex On Demand is also accessible via a link on the application. Once you have logged in you will see a link in the upper right hand corner of the screen which points to documentation.
Knowlege-base articles can be found in the On Demand forum here.
Web site: Our public site for all of our cloud offerings is located at http://cloud.asperasoft.com