Migration to new AMI
This procedure describes how to move your recently upgraded Shares on Demand to a new AMI. This is needed only if you desire to move form one AMI to another image. This procedure describes how to move from an EXITING Shares 3.4.6 to a NEW Shares 3.4.6.
- Login to EXISTING Shares via CLI and run the backup utility
# /opt/aspera/shares/u/setup/bin/backup /your_backup_dir
Make a local copy of this backup directory onto your local machine. Also copy the SSL certs. (see note)
- Backup the EXISTING Shares on Demand root .ssh folder.
- Backup the existing node users: backup the mapping between transfer users and API users
# /opt/aspera/bin/asnodeadmin --backup=/backup/api-xfer-mapping
- Login to EXISTING Shares Console UI and use the Save option to make a backup. Console -> Configuration -> Save/Restore
- Provision the new 3.4.6 Aspera Shares on Demand AMI. See the release notes for AMI IDs. NOTE: If you are using an elastic IP, assign it to the new Shares On Demand, when you provision the new Shares On Demand.
- Copy the backup file created in step 1, to the NEW Shares on Demand AMI
- Restore the configuration into the NEW Shares on Demand via CLI
# /opt/aspera/shares/u/setup/bin/restore /your_backup_dir/backup_id
- Login to NEW Shares On Demand Console web UI and make a backup via the Console Save/restore UI (Console -> Configuration -> Save/Restore). NOTE: there are some AMI specific settings that need to be preserved, before you can migrate the Console information from the EXISTING Shares On Demand.
- Restore the following files from your Console backup. NOTE: You will have to unzip the tar ball to get these files
- database.yml, secret.yml, console.yml