LAS VEGAS—2011 NAB SHOW, Booth SL9620—April 11, 2011—At the NAB Show, Aspera Inc. is showcasing a new product and two significant product enhancements that enable real-time collaboration, big data sharing and content distribution on a global scale. Media professionals around the world are utilizing Aspera software to transition to file-based workflows and increase productivity, efficiency and capacity.
Aspera Sync 1.0 is a new multidirectional file replication and synchronization software engine for today’s largest file stores, supporting millions of individual files and the largest file sizes. Sync 1.0 is designed to overcome the bottlenecks of conventional synchronization tools and scale up for maximum speed replication and synchronization over WANs. fasp v 2.7 – the next generation of Aspera’s high-speed file transfer suite – adds new functionality across Aspera’s product line by supporting transfers of unlimited data sizes, and includes innovations in the fasp™ transport for high performance on hypervisor virtual machine environments. Aspera Console 1.5 delivers centralized configuration, tracking, reporting and automation of Aspera transfers. It introduces powerful new transfer reporting capabilities for project-specific reporting, and is designed for handling large-scale transfer history, with quicker responsiveness for very large transfer databases (1 million records) and faster file search speed.
All Aspera solutions are powered by fasp™ technology, patented and proven as the next- generation transport for moving file-based data of unlimited scale over IP networks at any distance, with maximum speed, predictability, and security.
Visit Booth SL9620 to see a demonstration of the new products detailed below.
New Products and Product Upgrades in Depth
Aspera Sync 1.0 is a new software engine Aspera created from scratch to offers multi-directional file replication and continuous synchronization over the WAN, with unprecedented scalability for maximum speed networks, extreme data volumes and huge numbers of individual files. Sync can be configured to run continuously for real-time synchronization, or trigger replications manually or automatically, to synchronize files of any type, format or size. Sync outperforms conventional synchronization tools like rsync by 10-100x, and can scale up for maximum speed replication and synchronization over WANs for today’s largest file stores – millions of individual files – and largest file sizes.
Sync 1.0 is scheduled to ship on May 31, 2011.
Key features include:
· Multi-directional synchronization of remote files and directories
· One-to-one, one-to-many, and full-mesh synchronization
· Extreme scalability to handle millions of files, multi-terabyte file sets, multi-gigabit speed
· Fastest speed for bulk-data synchronization over WANs
· Policy-based conflict handling
· Management console for configuration, management and reporting
· Open architecture for integration with third-party processes and systems
· SSH Authentication, AES-128 data encryption in transit and at rest, FIPS 140-2 compliance and configurable security options
Aspera Console 1.5 introduces powerful new transfer reporting capabilities for project-specific reporting and is designed for large-scale transfer history. Secure SSH tunnels automatically connect managed nodes to Console, consolidating management traffic to a single secure connection for minimal firewall configuration. Console 1.5 is available now.
Key features include:
· Transfer reporting organized, sorted and filtered by virtually any transfer attribute, including custom categories derived from transfer attributes and metadata assigned to transfers within the various Aspera applications. Report templates may be scheduled for automatic runs and email delivery.
· An enhanced dashboard and new control panel for enterprise management of console services
· New automatic backup and convenient data purge functions
· Faster responsiveness for very large transfer databases (1 million records) and faster file search speed
Fine-grained scheduling of automated Smart Transfers is also available in a 1.6 upgrade that will be released in conjunction at NAB 2011
fasp v2.7 is the next generation of Aspera's high-speed file transfer software suite, adding significant new functionality within Aspera Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point, Client, and the SDK. fasp v2.7 is available now.
Key features include:
· Innovations in the fasp transport for high performance on hypervisor virtual machine environments
· Support for transfers of unlimited data sizes (raising the previous limit of 6 terabytes per session)
· New command line options for automating transfers consisting of unlimited numbers of files
· An API for easy monitoring of transfer endpoints (even with very large numbers of transfers) and built-in persistence for high availability
· New server and client capabilities for robust configuration, automation, and management