The Aspera iOS SDK v2.1.0 is now available on the Aspera Developer Network. Part of the Aspera Mobile SDK, the SDK for iOS provides a queue-based API for initiating, managing and monitoring high-speed faspTM transfers between iOS devices and the Aspera Connect Server or the Aspera faspex Server. This release is compatible with iOS versions 4 and 5.
The following topics are covered in the SDK documentation.
- Transferring Files
- Remote Browsing and Configuration
- Model Validation
- Multi-Threaded Environments
- Session Life Cycle
SDK features and capabilities:
- Queue based API for transferring files with built in retry mechanism
- Remote browsing of an Aspera server
- Automatic configuration of extended server parameters
- Transfers continue to run when embedding app transitions to the background
- Optimal target-rate is selected automatically according to available connection (3G vs wifi)
- Automatic connection monitoring, switches from 3G to wifi when the latter becomes available
- Documentation includes full working XCode project as an example
We hope you enjoy the updated SDK, and thank you for your continued product feedback and support!