A major new release of Aspera’s SDK, version 3.1, is now available on the Aspera Developer Network, with many new features, enhancements, and sample code across the entire SDK product line:
- The faspmanager SDK for embedding Aspera fasp client and server capability in 3rd party applications has new Java and .NET versions that support all Aspera ascp options of the fasp 3 generation.
- New and enhanced sample applications for Java and .NET documenting best practices and targeting distributions for all of the latest Visual Studio and .NET frameworks.
- For the radical new Node API, multiple additional samples and documentation. The Node API provides secure and authenticated fasp session setup, authorization, and file browsing, across all storage types (local, SAN/NAS, or cloud) through a REST interface.
- A New Consolidated Web Service API combining all Web services for fasp transfer management.
- The Aspera Stats Collector, a powerful service for querying transfer status across multiple Aspera transfer nodes including support for DNS round-robin server clusters.
- For secure token-based authorization, new token generation libraries for Java and .NET.
- Multiple new real world samples for Pre and Post Transfer Processing using web services and custom scripting for running custom actions before and after Aspera transfer sessions.
- The new faspex 3.0 automation API for creating and sending new packages, querying status, and discovering and downloading new items via the faspex REST API.
The 3.1 SDK is now shipping and available via download from developer.asperasoft.com.
We hope you enjoy the new capabilities, and thank you for your continued product feedback and support!
Your Aspera Team