Now Shipping: Aspera Sync 1.4 and Aspera Console, 1.7 enable complete end-to-end synchronization and replication with centralized management, monitoring, and control.
Aspera Sync 1.4
Aspera Sync is purpose-built by Aspera for high-performance, scalable, asynchronous file replication and synchronization. With Aspera fasp™ high-speed transport and an innovative fast snapshot technology, Aspera Sync solves the fundamental bottlenecks of rSync over the WAN, and supports the most common enterprise-class use cases such as offsite replication for disaster recovery, content distribution and collection, file archiving and storage, and full system migration. New features include:
- Centralized reporting and management in Console – The latest release includes full integration with Aspera Console 1.7 for global visibility into Sync sessions and activity across the entire network providing real-time reports on synchronization progress, per file status and throughput. Sync sessions can be paused and resumed, and bandwidth priority and speed can be modified on the fly from the centralized Console web interface.
- Advanced file handling – In addition to rich include and exclude filters, Aspera Sync offers full support for soft and hard links, options for the preservation of access time, user and group IDs, and support for configurable user and group ID for the target system.
- File-level de-duplication – Duplicate files on the source system are identified and Aspera Sync instructs the target system to create a hard link rather than resending the file eliminating unnecessary transfers, reducing sync times and reducing storage use.
- Universal support for virtual iNode – Support for virtual iNodes in file systems that do not have constant iNodes, improving file system change detection.
- Expanded platform support – Aspera Sync now supports Mac OSX and Solaris, in addition to Windows and Linux.
The new Console version 1.7.2 introduces dramatic performance improvements and new features that help users manage Aspera Sync and iTunes Transporter transfers, enable integration with Active Directory, provide advanced user auditing capability to Console administrators, and add new pre-defined report templates.
- Support for Aspera Sync – The new Console enables tracking and management of Aspera Sync transfer sessions directly from the Console user interface. Users can pause and resume transfers, adjust transfer rates and transfer priorities. Console’s reporting on Sync sessions provides rich reporting details on session information, transfer statistics and sync job statuses on any connected node.
- Integration with iTunes Transporter – With Console 1.7.2, operators can now configure the Transporter host as an Aspera transfer node so that its transfers can be monitored and managed from Console.
- Support for Active Directory – Console’s integration with Active Directory enables single sign-on for Active Directory groups and users. This helps users who have profiles on remote Active Directory servers to log into Console without having to have a Console user account, helping create a more unified and consolidated security environment within enterprises.
- Advanced user auditing – New capability for auditing users’ activity enhances security by enabling Console administrators to track logins and logouts, failed login attempts, session timeouts and concurrent logins.
- Performance improvements for Hot Folders management – A major set of enhancements dramatically improves Console’s performance when used to manage large sets of Hot Folders.
- New report templates – Console’s collection of pre-defined report templates has been expanded to include additional reports for bandwidth usage by user, node and peak usage.
We hope you enjoy the new capabilities, and thank you for your continued product feedback and support!
Your Aspera Team