Aspera Connect is an install-on-demand browser plug-in that powers transfers between desktops and Aspera Connect transfer Servers. Lightweight and compatible with most standard browsers, it launches automatically when users initiate FASP™ transfers. The transfers occur independent of the browser and the plug-in provides a visual transfer rate monitor and on-the-fly rate control.
This release of Aspera Connect 3.4.2 for Windows, Linux, and OS X provides the following new features:
- Includes ascp 3.4.6.
- Support for Firefox 30 and above and Firefox on Linux.
- Support for Windows 8.1 and IE 11.
- Various enhancements to the drag-and-drop feature, including support for mime type, date last modified, name, and size.
- Drag-and-drop SDK support for multiple drop targets.
- The Add File dialog now supports additional attributes (date last modified, name, size, and type) on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Reads files from file system up to 50 MB and returns them as base64 encoded.
- Now the field tags can be supplied in fasp or Faspex URLs in JSON format.
- Time preservation for downloads.
- Encryption-at-rest (EAR) support for HTTP fallback.
- Support for multiple-chunk tokens and source/destination pairs in HTTP fallback.
- When files are about to be overwritten, the user is prompted for confirmation.
- New save-before-overwrite configuration option to indicate that pre-existing files should be saved before they are overwritten.
- Various security enhancements.
- IE 7 and 8 support only manual download of the Connect plugin.
- Connect SDK no longer includes deploy.js.
- The option to restart the browser on Connect install is no longer available.
Ready to download? Then click here.