Aspera faspex mobile app 2.1 (and update to 2.1.1) for iOS is now available
We are delighted to announce the immediate availability of Aspera’s faspex mobile app 2.1 for iOS,
This 2.1.0 version (and its update to 2.1.1) is focused on providing improved video encoding support, and fixes for support of server-side metadata that was introduced in the earlier 2.0 version. Note that this new version requires iOS 7 or higher.
New features include:
- A user can now choose 720 (1280x720) or 1080 (1920x1080) as a default video resolution.
- Low, medium and high encoding settings now primarily control the video bit rate (low: 2Mbps; medium: 4 Mbps; and high: 8Mbps).
- Details of the chosen video encoding settings are now provided in the Settings to reduce confusion about the encoding settings.
- The default video encoding settings can be overridden when adding video assets to a new package.
- The app user interface has been made more consistent with the standard iOS 7 app style.
- Dropboxes are now displayed in alphabetic order, when composing a package.
- Note field for a new package now uses sentence case.
- You can now configure whether to always show the file names of files that have been added to the package.
- The photo/video picker will now show the video time in the same format as the Photos app.
Please read the complete release notes here.
We hope you enjoy the faspex mobile app 2.1 release and thank you for your continued product feedback and support!
Your Aspera Team