We are proud to introduce the release of the Aspera faspex 3.9.3 for Windows and Linux that provides several new features listed below along with other fixes and changes.
- Direct Upload to Custom Inbox: For Dropboxes, users can upload packages directly to a custom inbox without going to the default inbox first.
- Drag-and-Drop for Google Chrome: The drag-and-drop functionality on the New Package page is now supported in Chrome using the Aspera Connect Browser Plug-in version 3.6.1 or higher.
- Cloud Referencing: Package files will link to the source files instead of making copies of the source files when the source and destination of a package are in the same cloud storage. This feature supports any cloud service that supports trap links***
- Rake Tasks: The rake packages:clean_deleted command now cleans deleted packages in batches, instead of as a single query.
- Security: Aspera common components (including OpenSSL and Apache) are now updated to increase security and protect against the logjam threat.
- Cloud Storage: Faspex API changes now enable compatibility with Microsoft Azure file storages for IBM Aspera clients (IBM Aspera Drive, IBM Aspera Cargo, and IBM Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook).
- Cloud Storage: The Faspex API now returns the "Paths" array differently to support cloud storage.
***Note: The cloud referencing feature requires cloud storage that uses IBM Aspera Enterprise Server 3.6.0+ to work.