Connect 2.0.0 Release Notes
Platform: Windows, Mac
- Added HTTP fallback with full support for proxies to seamlessly retry transfers failing to establish a fasp session.
- Fixed bug in which successful transfers would indicate a benign ssh failure on termination.
- Fixed bug causing slow sparse checksum of files over 180 GB in size.
- No longer uses Aspera Central. Benefits include smaller download, faster installation and improved performance of Transfer Monitor (eliminating problems where transfers would not display on the Monitor).
- fasp buffers not required to be set or run at login on Mac for Connect. Fixes issues where faspbuffers script had to be run manually on start-up on certain computers.
- Improved error reporting in cases of authentication failure, ssh blockage, and UDP connection timeout.
- Fixed silent authentication failure issue where if user had cached an incorrect username/password when transferring previously, subsequent transfer attempts would not reprompt the user for the password and fail silently.
- Self-contained installation. Fixes issues with Connect and Scp installed on the same computer, such as license key collision.
- Installation as a non-administrative user now supported on all Mac platforms.
- Fixed bug in which Connect ignored the default download directory location.
- Automatic retry on failure is now enabled by default.