Aspera Proxy Server 1.0.0 Release Notes
Release Notes Updated: 7/15/2013
Aspera Proxy, Aspera's open and authenticated proxy solution, protects your organization’s network while enabling secure, high-speed fasp transfers to and from highly restrictive network environments. Built on top of the Linux kernel, it allows transparent pass-through of fasp transfer sessions across secure DMZs without impeding transfer speeds or compromising the security of your internal network.
Aspera Proxy also supports load balancing, high availability, and flexible security policies. It consolidates fasp transfers in and out of a corporate network and enables precise control over which users can initiate transfers with remote Aspera transfer servers.
Aspera Proxy supports both forward (outbound) and reverse (inbound) proxy modes, allowing fasp transfers to be initiated by users who are either inside or outside the corporate network.
Do not install Aspera Proxy on a machine where Aspera Enterprise Server or Connect Server is installed. If these products are already installed, be sure to remove them before installing Aspera Proxy.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
• #19201 - Documentation updated to indicate !requiretty should be added for each account using ascp client.
• #21191 - The $(user) variable can now be used in aspera.conf when configuring reverse proxy users.
• #21258 - Proxy no longer fails to work when aspshell is enabled for the transfer user.
• #19184 - Proxy installer does not enable IP forwarding when using restart or force-reload options with the service command. WORKAROUND: Use start and stop to run the service.
• #19202 - Proxy does not currently support reverse proxy for web applications.
• #19205 - Proxy does not support HTTP fallback.
• #21288 - On some Linux platforms (for example, SUSE) the iptables-restore command is not located in /sbin. WORKAROUND: Symlink iptables-restore to /sbin.
• Linux (RedHat or Debian) with kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4 or higher.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
• 7c26c0ec11a47c29401e9e08dfa9947b aspera-proxy-184.108.40.206228-linux-64.deb
• 6d1fc9536a515a98c1d104207500aadb aspera-proxy-220.127.116.11228-linux-64.rpm
• 7117f162f809dfd8f514ba41ce55061f5aa9536a aspera-proxy-18.104.22.168228-linux-64.deb
• 83d669635af7e257b95f6c75aeddfb0e91b3b317 aspera-proxy-22.214.171.124228-linux-64.rpm
OTHER RESOURCES (requires your company software download credentials to access)
Aspera Proxy 1.0.0 Admin Guide (Linux) [PDF only]
For online support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit our Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted our support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.