Console 2.0.0 Release Notes
Product Release: July 9, 2013
Release Notes Updated: July 9, 2013
This major release of Aspera Console 2.0 offers the following new features:
• A completely redesigned and refactored user interface
• Queueing feature (for transfers started in Console)
• Notification configuration and distribution information
• License keys can now be entered or uploaded directly through the Console user interface.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
• #16791 - not getting email notification when email addresses are mangled in Chrome and IE9
• #19140 - in a cluster, if multiple processes try to use asctl, the config file can get reset, preventing use of component
• #9588 - adding user via console prompts to restart central if user has special character in username
• #20728 - enhancement - offer hourly time interval for console reporting
• #20590 - Console 1.7.3 upgrade fails on sles11
• #21004 - console needs to handle large directory browsing better
• #21890 - SCHEMA - change id field for fasp_files to type bigint
• #8635 - On the “Connect” tab, changing the port from 40001 fails. If the port is changed, Aspera Central will fail to reload. The following error is thrown: “Network Error: Unable to contact Aspera Central server: Unable to connect to remote server/proxy. Connect attempted to 127.0.0.1, port <port #>.” Restore the port to 40001 if you encounter this error.
• #8848 - An advanced report that does not have a date range will fail to repeat at the scheduled time. Workaround:Add $REPORT_PERIOD_END and $REPORT_PERIOD_START to the advanced report.
• #9153 - Existing SSH Tunnels connections will fail if the "SSH Tunnel Start Port" is changed. The connection status may report "SOAP Connection Problem.". If you add nodes, the nodes page may show a “duplicate UUID” error where added nodes wind up with the same UUID. Workaround: Restarting the SOAP Poller will fix broken connections and correct the duplicate UUID problem..
• #9184 - A scheduled report with a custom report period that is re-scheduled to repeat will run, but not repeat.
• #13662 - Running the purge task recreates any scheduled transfers that were cancelled.
• #19334 - If you perform a search for remote groups that start with backslash (\) or asterisk (*), Console cannot find them. This is due to Shares being unable to find groups starting with these characters.
• Windows XP, 2003, 2008
• Linux RedHat, CentOS, or SUSE
• (Linux only) Aspera Common Components 1.2.8
• Firefox 4+, Safari 5.1+, IE 7+, or Google Chrome
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
• f21c9fda3d0231b97596fa00e112f51a aspera-console-188.8.131.52917-0.i386.rpm
• 59147124ae0ed4bb533d620f7c48c4e8 aspera-console-184.108.40.206917-0.x86_64.rpm
• 2128b421712c2ed1110f439a7dc5e991 AsperaConsole-220.127.116.11922-windows-32.exe
• 191be05164318cb90ec6f3d65a17cb46 aspera-common-18.104.22.168745-0.i386.rpm
• e97d4ea5aa55947fb70cd0539c03ffe2 aspera-common-22.214.171.124745-0.x86_64.rpm
• 117e7fc424ed4bec411cda5a6340661fd497f3e6 aspera-console-126.96.36.199917-0.i386.rpm
• da61e6fd2654880e0310aac162b388977db7f15e aspera-console-188.8.131.52917-0.x86_64.rpm
• 882eadaf565c1b197b1d3770588e6f4d9b6ebbc8 AsperaConsole-184.108.40.206922-windows-32.exe
• a8dd5faf89aeaf837a988070c4d85d7ac3008182 aspera-common-220.127.116.11745-0.i386.rpm
• 646269184bad07116dc6e4b35d922a6e3ad59df3 aspera-common-18.104.22.168745-0.x86_64.rpm
OTHER RESOURCES (requires your company software download credentials to access)
For online support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit our Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted our support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.