faspex™ 3.5.0 Release Notes
Product Release: July 9, 2013
Release Notes Updated: July 9, 2013
This release of Aspera Faspex 3.5 offers the following new features:
• The File Sources tab is now File Storage, and offers a choice of not only different sources, but also different destination (storage) locations.
• Access permissions for each source (Private, Public, Limited)
• A symlink feature, which allows links to files on the same server instead of hard copies
• A customizable storage location for each workgroup or dropbox.
• More readable Faspex package directory names (on the machine itself)
• Multiple directory services
• SAML authentication
• Personal distribution lists
• The multi-server feature has been removed.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
• #20936 - Connect installer fails when run as root on Mac with no default language set.
• #18335 - transfer license expiry/problems prevent access to faspex; reset requires ssh
• #19133 - case is not preserved for metadata labels
• #19565 - support for nested AD groups for Faspex
• #19883 - dropbox URLs incorrect with URI namespace non-standard
• #20014 - Internal server error: Sort on size large volume of packages
• #20167 - Prevent users from creating workgroup that begins with *
• #21483 - expose robots.txt at application root level
• #21723 - DropBox external submitter active also with Expires in the past
• #13835 - faspex cannot connect to an AWS mail server using TLS; however, SSL connects successfully. Relevant to the settings under Server > Notifications > E-mail Configuration.
• #14550 - After installation on a Windows machine, the Event Viewer indicates an application error for the Apache Service. This message can be ignored.
• #15183 - In Firefox v12 and older, drag-and-drop stops working when switching from a remote source to the local source on the “New Package” screen.
• #16519 - Some faspex configuration settings (e.g. those that require system changes or asctl modifications) will not be restored when using the faspex “Save/Restore” UI feature. For example, if the "Systemuser" flag is changed in faspex.yml, and the configs are backed up and restored to a new instance, the application will not start because the user must be created on the new instance with appropriate permissions. Another example is the "uri_namespace," which--if changed before a backup--must be updated in Apache using the “uri_namespace” command upon restoring. Other settings in faspex.yml include "HTTPPort", "HTTPSPort", etc, which will be overwritten to the previous values and may require manual steps to ensure the ports can be used.
• #16520 - If you download the faspex db+config folder (from Server > Configuration > Save/Restore), the file will be saved to the browser's default location.
• #16715 - If you set an alternate address (Server > Configuration > Web Server) on your source server and save your faspex db+config folder (Server > Configuration > Save/Restore), then upon restore to a new server/instance, the alternate address will still be set on the new server. Subsequently, your email notifications will include an alternate address link to an instance which may not be up and running.
• #16846 - If you are upgrading from Faspex 2.X and the transfer server is already set up on a different server, asctl will not handle this case. Please contact Aspera Support for assistance.
• #16905 - The Faspex Windows installer will crash if you attempt to install with the “faspex” user credentials.
• #17011 - Safari on Mac downloads the faspex backup file to a .tar file. Users can change their Safari preferences so that archive files aren't automatically unzipped.
• #17063 - During an upgrade on Windows 2008 32-bit, Apache may report an error when attempting to restart (“Apache HTTPD Server (Aspera): The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.”). WORKAROUND: Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) package. The download link is http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
• #17089 - After restoring Faspex 3.X from a source server, the destination server may or may not be able to verify the SSL certificates presented by a node (depends on whether the source server had a valid cert file or if it was missing altogether). Administrators should check to see if the cert.pem file exists and back it up prior to restoring.
• #17652 - For an existing Faspex DS group: If this group is moved to another Organizational Unit (OU) on the DS server, and then the group is synced on Faspex, the group will become invalid on Faspex.
• Windows XP, 2003, 2008
• Linux RedHat, CentOS, or SUSE
• Firefox 4+, Safari 5.1+, or IE 7+
• (Linux only) Aspera Common Components 1.1.15
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
• 8adb7adc00cdb9e3a61e206c403a7437 aspera-faspex-184.108.40.206792-0.i386.rpm
• 0a72c63afd3c1e681d27f30122895da8 aspera-faspex-220.127.116.11792-0.x86_64.rpm
• a08aaeb55722b5453b42aae5a3bdb938 AsperaFaspex-18.104.22.168792-windows-32.msi
• b668f2e010a6cda39fbc3de06f35da05 aspera-common-22.214.171.124681-0.i386.rpm
• a64388e1cd27844f087323e76ab423f7 aspera-common-126.96.36.199681-0.x86_64.rpm
• e874b018a1b7a2680087dd6a48f3f8c41116b03d aspera-faspex-188.8.131.52792-0.i386.rpm
• 421346089f8676d64e8f37a7b8c88151754d2a84 aspera-faspex-184.108.40.206792-0.x86_64.rpm
• c35727eb8c20925d581ee2f67c171e04e6ae0091 AsperaFaspex-220.127.116.11792-windows-32.msi
• 3a3728e8c14d053abf86a8a374da6ceef3584195 aspera-common-18.104.22.168681-0.i386.rpm
• 9f289a509faab27543efd9ceabde94722ab0e30c aspera-common-22.214.171.124681-0.x86_64.rpm
OTHER RESOURCES (requires your company software download credentials to access)
For online support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit our Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted our support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.