Console 1.7.2 Release Notes
January 31, 2013
January 31, 2013
- Support for Aspera Sync (async). The new release enables tracking and management of Aspera Sync transfer sessions directly from the Console user interface. Simply add a managed node where Aspera Enterprise Server 3.1.5+ is installed and configure Console to poll the Node API to monitor async transfers directly from Console. The following async information is readily accessible from Console:
- async session name
- session state, including the async session's status and synced files
- async source and destination
- transfer statistics, including session start/end date and time; time elapsed; bytes transferred and written; average rate; network delay; and session ID.
- async job details, including:–
- local and remote server details; session statistics (i.e., how many paths are synced/pending/conflicted/deleted/in error state)
- transfer rate graph (Mbps vs time)
- synced file information (i.e., filename, status, size and date/time modified)
- Performance improvements. A set of enhancements improves Console’s performance when used to manage large sets of Hot Folders. Also included in the release are performance improvements for redundant indexes (transfer_session_file_sides table).
- Advanced user auditing. New auditing capabilities enhance security by enabling administrators to track logins, log outs, failed logins, login session timeouts and concurrent logins.
- Support for Active Directory. The new release enables the use of LDAP to search remote users and groups (requires installation of Aspera Shares). Thus, users who exist on a remote server are able to log into Console without needing a Console user account.
- New Report Templates. Console’s collection of pre-defined report templates has been expanded to include additional reports for bandwidth usage by user, node and peak usage.
- Integration with iTunes Transporter. Operators can now configure the Transporter host as an Aspera transfer node so that its transfers can be monitored and managed from Console.
- (Linux only) Aspera Common Components 1.2.7
- If your managed node is running Enterprise (or Connect) Server v3.1.5+, then you can configure Console to poll the Aspera Node API, which allows you to turn on Aspera Sync job reporting.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR UPGRADES
- If you scheduled the "Activity Summary By Address," "Activity Summary By Contact" or "Transfers By Date (Prorated)" reports to run automatically, and you are upgrading to Console 1.7.2, then you must reschedule these reports after performing the upgrade. This is due to fixed issue #19443 (noted below).
- You must have Console 1.5+ installed in order to upgrade to Console 1.7.2. If you are running an older version, please refer to the Console 1.5 Administrator’s Guide for instructions on upgrading to 1.5.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- (#11440) Restarted transfer does not generate emails from Console.
- (#16645) Console to support new fasp node heartbeat field.
- (#18203) For Smart Transfers, a repeating scheduled transfer using EAR sometimes fails. If you have saved Smart Transfers with EAR, you will need to re-enter the password after upgrading.
- (#19443) avg_rate computed incorrectly on standard reports.
- (#18579) Related to remote user and group management. If you perform a search for remote groups that start with backslash (\) or asterisk (*), Console cannot find them. This is due to Shares not being able to find groups starting with these characters.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
- md5sum: 26850a1c25f3be2a21ee759f59c5a0de
- sha1sum: 5c48a73226a8443f5836e64bffc491eeb8f1df87
- Console 1.7.2 Admin Manual for Windows
- Console 1.7.2 Admin Manual for Linux Admins
- Console 1.7.2 End-user Manual
- Console Knowledge Base (KB) Articles