- Product Release: June 19, 2015
- Release Notes Update: June 19, 2015
Aspera a4 3.6.1 offers support for Aspera Console and provides many improvements in overall stability. In addition, a4 3.6.1 includes the following new features and changes:
- Aspera a4 can now be used with Console 3.0+.
- New option to write sparse files.
- The Aspera secure shell, aspshell, now works with a4 and is included in the a4 installer.
- Progress reporting has been added to ascp4, showing the number of files, total bytes, compression ratio, and effective rate.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION
To download a4, go to the following location on the Aspera website:
Before installing a4, ensure that you have already installed Enterprise Server or Connect Server 3.5.4 or later. When you install a4, the existing ascp executable is first backed up, then overwritten by a4. When you then launch the GUI, it will be running a4. You can also initiate transfers by running ascpfrom the command line. However, note that not all of the standard ascp options are available. To see which options are available, display the a4 help by entering:
For more detailed documentation of a4, Linux users can refer to the man page for ascp4:
In addition, all users can access the a4 command reference directly from the a4 download page.
#29613 - Timestamps are not preserved on top-level directories on Windows.
#26478 - File/folder rename fails for create destination path option.
#31328 - ascp4 cannot scan directories concurrently.
#31531 - When ascp4 cannot be invoked for license or other errors , it returns "resource not available". It should instead return more specific license-error information and from both local and remote.
#31571 - A transfer of empty directories causes ascp4 to issue "Peer error: Peer aborted session".
The following ascp4 options are supported with --mode=send only: --src-base and -d (create destination path)
- Windows 7, 8, 2008r2, 2012
- Linux 64-bit
- RedHat 6-7, CentOS 6-7, Fedora 16-20, Ubuntu 12-14, Debian 6-7, SLES 11 Kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4+
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
- Linux 64-bit (rpm): aspera-a4-188.8.131.52757-linux-64.rpm
- md5: 24fba2f747f531ce7383401e72f522aa
- sha1: 9b027e6ab213febb942cf975e237aac9bc5f7a2f
- Linux 64-bit (deb): aspera-a4-184.108.40.206757-linux-64.deb
- md5: 0e5f1fbc343d3688408e93daa7d59182
- sha1: b6f55faf79a8d40fcfb4f51b13d8507cdfb812d1
- Windows: Aspera_a4-win-v100-32-release-220.127.116.11496.msi
- md5: e2aff4d2a188d00d430616fbcdae3b2b
- sha1: e7d38af31e64f09f430a893fad4cc28abbb2c1e4
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.