Aspera is excited to introduce the major release of IBM Aspera Enterprise Server and Connect Server for Isilon OneFS v7.x. The 3.6.0 major release of Enterprise and Connect Server adds key feature support for the current release of Aspera Files, Shares, Console, and Connect Browser Plug-In in addition to many other fixes.
New key features in this release include:
- Introduction of access key authentication, a new alternative to using security credentials of a node user or system user. It allows restricted usage of segregated storage and provides specific access control and usage reporting of that storage.
- New expanded at rest encryption with new server side capability for seamless on-the-fly encryption and decryption of content written to Aspera server hosts using a secret supplied by the server.
- Four new options for preserving timestamps
- Node API transfer jobs can be split into multiple transfer sessions to take advantage of multiple cores and I/O streams on a system.
- Added new command for migration of data from earlier versions of Enterprise Server
- New Java SNI support for HTTPS requests
- New parallel transfer capability allowing one data set to be transferred using multiple computers in a cluster.
- New license support for multiple entitlements per computer.
- Introduction of a new generation of foundation RESTful APIs for transfer and file management covering authorization, access control, transfer initiation, and event reporting.
Download Enterprise Server 3.6.0 for Isilon OneFS here.
Download Connect Server 3.6.0 for Isilon OneFS here.
You can read the full release notes here.