If you host your own IBM Aspera Connect installers and plugins for your applications rather than having the downloads served from Aspera's CloudFront CDN, you will need to upgrade them yourself when there is a new release of the Connect SDK.
You can check for and download the latest Connect SDK from the Aspera Developer Network.
The following instructions describe how to upgrade the Connect SDK for your locally hosted Connect plugins/installers on Faspex, Shares or Connect Server.
Before you begin
These instructions assume you already have an existing installation of the Connect SDK to locally host the Connect plugins and installers.
Furthermore, these instructions assume you have installed the Connect SDK using the process detailed in one of these articles:
- How to Host Connect 3.x plugins and installers on Faspex
- How to Host Connect 3.x plugins and installers on Shares
- How to Host Connect 3.x plugins and installers on Connect Server
Take note of the directory you installed the Connect SDK files to. If you followed the articles above, the directory should be found at the following location based on your product and operating system:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspera\Faspex\connect
C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspera\Enterprise Server\var\www\connect
The upgrade process is simple in that it mainly entails replacing the existing Connect SDK files with the new Connect SDK files.
1. Download the latest Connect SDK from the Aspera Developer Network and unzip the folder into a temporary location.
2. Rename the existing Connect SDK directory
You should have an existing directory where you saved the Connect SDK files to. If you followed the Knowledge Base article instructions for your product, this directory should be named
connect-sdk (see the previous section for the path location).
Rename this directory to
old_connect or something else of your choosing.
For example, you can do this with the following command:
Linux and Mac
# mv connect old_connect
> rename connect old_connect
3. Move the new Connect SDK folder to the same location as the old Connect SDK folder. Rename the new Connect SDK folder to the name the old folder was originally.
You could do this with the following command, using your path to the Connect SDK folder:
Linux and Mac # mv /path/to/temp_dir/ConnectServerSDK /path/to/connect
> move C:\path\to\temp_dir\ConnectServerSDK C:\path\to\connect
4. (Faspex on Linux step only)
faspex user ownership over the
connect folder, and give the folder proper permissions.
You can do this with the following commands:
# chown -R faspex:faspex /opt/aspera/faspex/connect # chmod -R 755 /opt/aspera/faspex/connect
5. Test your web application to ensure the upgraded Connect plugins/installers are being served from your host.
You may need to clear your browser's cache to see your change take effect.
If everything is working properly, you can choose to delete the outdated connect directory:
Linux and Mac
# rm -rf /path/to/old_connect
> rmdir C:\path\to\old_connect /s