Monitor Work-Orders are introduced in Orchestrator 2.3.5 version. They are used to monitor the execution of a workflow and to perform actions on the work-order complete, error or failure.
Steps to Configure a Work-Order Monitor:
Monitor WorkOrder can be found under the Monitors page of the dashboard as shown below.
To configure a Work-Order monitor, click on the "Configure workorders monitor" button followed by "New Workorder monitor" button.
* Give a unique name to identify the work-order monitor.
* Choose the Workflow you want to monitor.
* Active monitor - On checking this box, the monitor would be activated while creation.
* Refresh rate - Rate at which the monitor should check for the work-orders.
* Trigger on new work-orders? - On checking this, the monitor would only trigger on work-orders creation after the monitor is created.
* Want the last executed step as an output? - This value if checked will return the step last executed, which can help in debugging or notification.
* On complete Notification - Choose the workflow you want to trigger on the workorder completion.
* On Failure Notification - Choose the workflow you want to trigger on the workorder failure.
* On Error Notification - Choose the workflow you want to trigger on the workorder error.
1. For the workflows chosen for the actions statuses , if they have a runtime input required, make sure that the runtime input names match the output of the workflow under monitor.
So if you need the email_id as input in your action complete workorder, you need to just name the variable in the same "step_name:variable_name" (Example "ruby_code:email_id")
2. In case of notification system , where if you want to notify someone on which step failed in the workflow execution "last_Executed_steps" hash would store the value of the last executed step (if the want last executed step option in chosen in the configuration). This can be used for notification purposes or for variable construction.