This maintenance release of Aspera a4 3.6.5 include the following new features and changes:
- A4 introduces concurrent directory scanning using DFS. Using the option --scan-threads lets you reach files in leaf nodes faster, thereby allowing considerably faster transfers from extremely large directory trees.
- A4 introduces concurrent directory creation and improved handling of metadata. This enhancement allows faster checking for directory existence, thereby enhancing the receiver's performance in creating directories by letting you specify the number of concurrent threads for checking and creating directories concurrently.
- A4 now supports UNC paths that start with "\\" for Windows destinations, e.g., \\servername\sharename\path\file
- A new A4 option, --faspmgr-io allows stream data to be pushed through a management socket, improving management I/O performance.
- This release provides improved error handling for when the network is disconnected or down.
- Numerous fixes, including security improvements in FASP 3.