NOTE: Aspera Console will be disabled by this template.
This article describes how to launch Aspera Shares on Demand and an RDS DB with an AWS CloudFormation template. The template will automate the following steps:
- Install AWS CLI
- Provision an RDS instance
- Provision Aspera Shares On demand
- Entitle Shares On Demand
- Migrate the local DB to RDS
- Add a transfer server (or cluster) as a node within Shares
- Create the security group for your instance
- Create a role that gives your instance S3 access
The cloud formation templates were created and tested for version 3.6.2 of Shares on Demand.
This article requires the following preparation.
- You have prepared a VPC
- You have an SSH key created in AWS console
- Login to AWS console
- Navigate to the Cloud Formation page
- Click on 'Create'
- Specify an Amazon S3 template URL:https://s3.amazonaws.com/aspera-helpers/SHOD-3-6-2/20161215-SHOD-3-6-2-RDS.template (note: you can also download and edit the defaults in the template for your specific deployment)
- Click Next
- Input the parameters specific to your environment, such as:
- Key Name
- Subnet Id
- FQDN of your transfer server or cluster
- Access Key & Secret (or Node user for transfer server)
- Customer ID
- Entitlement ID
- RDS username/password
- Click "Next" to review the config, and then "Create".
- The complete deployment and configuration process takes about 30 minutes. Please check the status in the CloudFormation Events tab.
- Amazon cloud formation documentation
- Shares on Demand documentation