NOTE: This CloudFormation template will add an external transfer node or cluster as a node within the Shares On Demand application. If you would like to simply use S3 for storage please see this article's CloudFormation template.
This article describes how to launch Aspera Shares on Demand with an AWS CloudFormation template. The template will automate the following steps:
- Provision Aspera Shares On demand
- Entitle Shares On Demand
- Add a transfer server (or cluster) as a node within Shares
The cloud formation templates were created and tested for version 3.6.2 of Shares on Demand.
This article requires the following preparation.
- You have prepared a VPC
- You have prepared a Security Group
- You have an SSH key created in AWS console
- Login to AWS console
- Navigate to the Cloud Formation page
- Click on 'Create'
- Specify an Amazon S3 template URL:
- Click Next
- Input the parameters specific to your environment, such as:
- Key Name
- IAM role
- Subnet Id
- Security Group ID
- FQDN of your transfer server or cluster
- Access Key & Secret (or Node user for tranfer server)
- Customer ID
- Entitlement ID
- Click "Next" to review the config, and then "Create".
- The complete deployment and configuration process takes about 10 minutes. Please check the status in the Cloud formation Events tab.
- Amazon cloud formation documentation
- Shares on Demand documentation