This article describes how to launch Aspera Faspex on Demand with an AWS CloudFormation template. The template will automate the following steps:
- Install aws cli
- Provision Aspera Faspex On demand
- Entitle Faspex On Demand
- Add a transfer server (or cluster) as a File Storage node within Faspex
- Disable http fallback
The cloud formation templates were created and tested for version 3.6.0 of Faspex on Demand.
This article requires the following preparation.
- You have prepared a VPC
- You have prepared a Security Group
- You have an SSH key created in AWS console
- You know your IAM role (if you plan to use it)
- You have downloaded the attached "file_source.rake" file and uploaded it to an s3 bucket.
- Login to AWS console
- Navigate to the Cloud Formation page
- Click on 'Create'
- Specify an Amazon S3 template URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aspera-helpers/20160610-Feb-FOD-3-6-0.template (note: you can also download and edit the defaults in the template for your specific deployment)
- Click Next
- Input the parameters specific to your environment, such as:
- Key Name
- IAM role
- Subnet Id
- Security Group ID
- FQDN of your transfer server or cluster
- Access Key & Secret (or Node user for tranfer server)
- Customer ID
- Entitlement ID
- Click "Next" to review the config, and then "Create".
- The complete deployment and configuration process takes about 10 minutes. Please check the status in the Cloud formation Events tab.
- Amazon cloud formation documentation
- Faspex on Demand documentation