- Product Release: August 18, 2016
- Release Notes Updated: August 18, 2016
This release of IBM Aspera On Demand provides the following new features:
IBM Aspera Enterprise Server 3.6.2
- The command to resume ascp with the command-line argument k2 or k3 now works when an FIPS-140 compatible cipher is set.
- Added support for tokens for parent paths in single path transfers. For example, a token built for /general will also allow a transfer of a single file or directory named /general/other/subsidiary.
- ascp now supports multiple private SSH key files that are called on the command line, specified with -i arguments. The keys are tried in order and the process ends when a key passes authentication or when all keys have been tried and have failed authentication.
- Added support for encryption-at-rest (EAR) in the watchfolder configuration.
- Parallel transfers from the desktop client to Enterprise Server (ES 3.6.0 and above) with the -C option fail with the error Session Stop (Error: Session initiation failed).
- [Watchfolder] Upgrading to Enterprise Server 3.6.2 deletes all watchfolders. Workaround: Before upgrading, locate the watchfolder identifier generated in ES 3.6.0. Do this by opening the watchfolderd logs and locating a line similar to the following:
2016-06-23 20:05:18 [b6b-3caaa700] LOG [Redis_communicator::Worker] Run(): Start listening for incoming messages on address [t=CHANNEL,n='wfd:b7520a90-86f4-4485-9178-f746c9ef98c5:input']In the example above, b7520a90-86f4-4485-9178-f746c9ef98c5 is the generated identifier. Save the identifier somewhere to access it later.After upgrading to 3.6.2, run the following to reload your preexisting watchfolder configuration:
asperawatchfolderd --identifier watchfolder_idFor example:
asperawatchfolderd --identifier b7520a90-86f4-4485-9178-f746c9ef98c5
Issues Fixed in this Release
(This release contains tickets created from two tracking systems; thus there are two different formats for ticket identifiers.)
#WAT-230 - [watchfolderd] Post-processing is not performed for failed drops to a watchfolder: when a drop fails because it has exceeded its configured retry period (nothing transfers for x seconds), the post-processing for the drop is not executed and the corresponding files do not reach a final state. The logs incorrectly show the file state TRANSFER_FINISHED.
#WAT-223 - When creating a watchfolder with post-processing transfer_delete, the source files are not removed after they are successfully transferred
#36291 - When uploading or downloading a file that exists at the target destination, the transfer overwrites the file instead of skipping the transfer.
#35893 - When a docroot is configured on a remote server and a new hot folder is configured with a source folder equal to / (with any existing local folder as the destination folder) the underlying ascp transfer fails because the asperasync services removes trailing slashes from directory paths, resulting in an empty source path.
#33872 - After installing the license, an incorrect error message is displayed: The server has a client license.
IBM Aspera Shares On Demand (SHOD)
Shares 1.9.4 New Features
- Shares now displays the account status and expiration date (if applicable) of a user on the Users page (Admin > Accounts > Users).
- The activity feed now includes items on Node API activity, including when the Node API creates and deletes files and folders.
- Shares now supports a rake task to export a share's name and directory.
- Shares now supports a rake task to configure a custom logo.
- Removed the requirement that SAML users must have the given_name attribute to log in.
- Shares now supports IPv6 by default. You can disable IPv6 by editing the nginx.conf file. See the documentation for more information.
- Shares now provides a Management REST API admins can use to manage Shares without the admin console in the web UI. For documentation on the API, see https://developer.asperasoft.com/web/shares/api.
- Error logging for SAMl response has been improved.
- Updated Ruby on Rails to version 126.96.36.199.
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.2h
- Updated Nginx to 1.10.1.
#34926 - Ruby SAML gem bug prevents users from authenticating via SAML with the error, "Invalid SAML response".
#34792 - Shares does not send new content notifications when connected to Aspera Transfer Cluster.
#33253 - The rake data:share:create command does not display error messages when failing.
#29891 - Sometimes restoring Console's configuration file deletes the home folder of users in aspusers group, except aspadmin. Workaround: Before restoring your configuration file, follow the steps in this article: https://support.asperasoft.com/entries/90334347.
#29858 - Sometimes Console's database is left empty after restoring a configuration file and users not allowed to log back into Console. Workaround: Before restoring your configuration file, follow the steps in this article: https://support.asperasoft.com/entries/90334347.
#29649 - Restoring one SHOD Shares instance's database onto another SHOD Shares instance causes instance to not be browsable, with perpetual license error. Workaround: Use Rake task to disable and re-enable entitlement mode for the Shares application: https://support.asperasoft.com/entries/76203557-Web-application-entitlement-feature.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
AMAZON MACHINE IMAGE (AMI) INFORMATION
SOFTLAYER IMAGE ID INFORMATION
|Product||Image ID Name|
|IBM Aspera Shares On Demand (SHOD)||SHOD 3.6.2 - July 2016 Release|
SOFTWARE COMPONENTSShares On Demand (SHOD)
- IBM Aspera Shares 1.9.4
- IBM Aspera Enterprise Server 3.6.2
- IBM Aspera Console 3.0.6
AWS SHOD PACKAGE INFORMATION
SOFTLAYER SHOD PACKAGE INFORMATION
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.