We are pleased to announce the minor release of IBM Aspera Shares 1.9.4 for Linux. This version of Shares requires the use of Aspera Connect Browser Plug-In version 3.6.1 or later. You can install or upgrade to the latest version of the Connect Browser Plug-In when prompted by Shares or by downloading the installer. This release includes a number of security updates, performance improvements, and the following new features:
- IPv6 support is now enabled by default.
- New management REST API lets admins manage Shares without the admin console
- Administrators can now see the account status and expiration date on the users admin page
- Activity now includes Node API activity
- New rake tasks to export a share's name and directory as well as configure a custom logo
- Improved SAML functionality and logging
- Updated versions of Ruby on Rails, OpenSSL, and Nginx
You can read the full release notes here.
The latest version of Aspera Shares 1.9.4 can be downloaded here.