This article describes how to launch Aspera Shares on Demand with an AWS CloudFormation template. The template will automate the following steps:
- Provision Aspera Shares On demand
- Create an IAM role for S3 access
- Create a security group
- Entitle Shares On Demand
- Create a node within Shares that points to S3 storage
The cloud formation templates were created and tested for version 3.6.2 of Shares on Demand.
This article requires the following preparation.
- You have prepared a VPC
- You have an SSH key created in AWS console
- Login to AWS console
- Navigate to the Cloud Formation page
- Click on 'Create'
- Specify an Amazon S3 template URL:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aspera-helpers/20160722-SHOD-3-6-2-S3.template (note: you can also download and edit the defaults in the template for your specific deployment)
- Click Next
- Input the parameters specific to your environment, such as:
- Key Name
- Subnet Id
- Customer ID
- Entitlement ID
- Click "Next" to review the config, and then "Create".
- The complete deployment and configuration process takes about 10 minutes. Please check the status in the Cloud formation Events tab.
- Amazon cloud formation documentation
- Shares on Demand documentation