This article covers the steps required to upgrade the software on your 3.6.1 Shares On Demand to the 3.6.2 released versions.
1. SSH to your server, and 'sudo' to the root user. See this article for more details.
2. Back up your existing Console (use the console Web UI for Console - backup of Shares is covered below).
3. Make sure there are no active transfers on your server.
4. Download the latest software packages for Shares On Demand.
# wget http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.6.2/aws/aspera-ondemand-init-shod-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.6.2/aws/aspera-ondemand-tools-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.6.2/aws/aspera-ondemand-init-base-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.6.2/aws/aspera-shares-126.96.36.199980-1.x86_64.rpm http://download.asperasoft.com/sw/ondemand/3.6.2/aws/aspera-entsrv-188.8.131.52670-linux-64.rpm
1. Back up the shares Application. Make a note of the ID of the created backup directory.
# /opt/aspera/shares/u/setup/bin/backup /your_backup_dir
2. Backup the Console Database
# asctl console:backup_database
3. Stop all Console processes
# asctl all:stop
4. Install the Aspera server, Console and Console software
# rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-init-shod-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-tools-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm # rpm -Uvh aspera-entsrv-184.108.40.206670-linux-64.rpm # rpm -Uvh aspera-ondemand-init-base-3.6.2-0.x86_64.rpm
5. Register your entitlement
# /opt/aspera/bin/alee-admin register CustomerID EntitlementID
6. Install the new Shares rpm
# rpm -Uvh aspera-shares-220.127.116.11980-1.x86_64.rpm
7. Configure Shares to use the existing MySQL (that comes with Aspera Console).
Find the MySQL password which is used for the production version of MySQL:
# less /opt/aspera/console/config/database.yml production: database: "aspera_console" username: "root" password: "f0383326-c920-4a5f-9ca1-831404b50552" <<: *server_defaults
/opt/aspera/shares/etc/my.cnf.setup and enter in the new password.
Here is an example of a working config.
[client] user = root password = f0383326-c920-4a5f-9ca1-831404b50552 host = localhost port = 4406
9. Start MySQL and run the Shares upgrade utility
# asctl mysql:start # /opt/aspera/shares/u/setup/bin/upgrade
10. Disable the Apache Web Server
# chkconfig aspera_httpd off
11. Start Console services
# asctl console:start
12. Restart Shares services
# service aspera-shares restart
13. Your system should be upgraded. Please login and confirm that everything is working as expected.