Product Release: August 29, 2016
Release Notes Updated: August 29, 2016
This release of IBM Aspera Console 3.0.7 for Windows and Linux provides the new features, fixes, and other changes listed below.
- Console now supports a new configuration option to suppress the logging of transfer tokens. By default, this feature is disabled to preserve existing behavior.
- Console now supports inclusion filters as part of Advanced File Handling options for Console initiated Simple and Smart Transfers. Source files with filenames that match the designated filter are included in the transfer.
- Console now supports content protection for watch folder transfers. When creating or editing a watch folder, admins can set a password used for encrypting the transfer content.
- Users can now choose to hide and show the map and the bandwidth graph on the Dashboard page.
- On Watch Folder creation page, under File Handling section, the Resume policy now defaults to Compare sparse checksum instead of Compare file attributes.
- The Watch Folder source archiving feature now supports new directory variables. Variables are available to define specific archive paths for each drop.
- Tables on Activity page and Node Details page have been resized to 100% for better user experience.
- Apache upgraded to version 2.2.31, which includes OpenSSL1.0.1t.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
AC-34 - The dashboard, activity, and managed/unmanaged nodes tables are sized incorrectly.
AC-32 - Activity page loads slowly for non-admin users who have many permission paths and session records.
AC-24 - Logger fails to write error message when report fails to create an email to send.
AC-16 - Scheduled transfers do not fail over and run automatically.
AC-7 - Console dashboard loads slowly for non-admin users when there are a large number of transfers and permission paths, eventually timing out.
AC-4 - When creating or editing a watch folder, the Resume policy option defaults to Compare sparse checksum instead of Compare file attributes.
Windows: 2008r2, 2012
Linux 64-bit: RedHat 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SUSE 11
Aspera Common Components 1.2.16
Browsers: Internet Explorer 8-11, Firefox 27-45, Safari 6-9, Google Chrome 32-48
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
IBM Aspera Console 3.0.6 Release Notes
IBM Aspera Console 3.0.5 Release Notes
IBM Aspera Console 3.0.3 Release Notes
IBM Aspera Console 3.0.2 Release Notes
IBM Aspera Console 3.0.1 Release Notes
Aspera Console 2.5.1 Release Notes
Aspera Console 2.3.2 Release Notes
md5: de4deafb4ac796e89d806ba7049335c7 sha1: 5ca25c0feddd638aef65d5a27f3fa1491b0fd522
md5: b5d46a1c82a06f2177eaa8194f799956 sha1: a38c0b5ca9db0e4bb8d2f38bf21f9cddce623d46
(This release contains tickets created from two tracking systems; thus there are two different formats for ticket identifiers.)
AC-41 - On IE8, the Show/Hide Map button for the Dashboard shows up as an empty box, though the button is still functional.
AC-31 - IE11 in Compatibility Mode fails to display the Advanced Rulesets configuration page in Console (Notifications > Advanced Rulesets). Workaround: Turn off compatibility view to access the Advanced Email Ruleset configuration page.
AC-30 - Bandwidth graph box may show Target Rate as a negative value, when the Target Rate is changed to a very high value (> 4Tbps) using management during a transfer.
AC-27 - Deleting a user does not delete reports previously scheduled by that user.
- For the node, obtain a new signed certificate with a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) entry that includes the IP address of the node.
- Copy the file /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt (or your root certificate) to /opt/aspera/console/config/cacert.pem
- Restart Console and ES services.
#36102 - When a user performs a simple or smart transfer with either include or exclude filters configured, the file count on the Session Details page under the session stats is incorrect.
#31098 - (Linux Only) Upgrading the common components from version 1.2.9 to any newer version deletes the /usr/bin/asctl symlink. Workaround: Installing Console or Orchestrator after upgrading the common components will recreate the missing link during the installation process.
#27236 - Console generates reports of the type XLSX (rather than XLS). Any reports completed before upgrading from a version of Console prior to 2.5 are no longer accessible through the web link. However, any reports that were not completed before the upgrade (such as scheduled reports) are unaffected: a report configured to generate XLS generates XLSX when it next runs. Workaround: Click Rerun on a completed report.
#22396 - If upgrading from a version of Console prior to 2.0.1, email notifications are configured for specific transfer paths on a user’s Preferences > Email Notifications page, these settings are not honored when the user clicks the Rerun link on the Activity page on a transfer that started before the upgraded.
#22303 - If upgrading from a version of Console prior to 2.0.1, scheduled smart transfers that were created before upgrading continue to use the old behavior, displaying dates/times using the timezone of the transfer requester, rather than trying to look up the recipient's time zone.
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.