Product Release: February 28, 2018
Release Notes Updated: March 20, 2018
This release of IBM Aspera Transfer Service 1.6 for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and IBM Cloud provides the new features listed below. In particular, the Breaking Changes section provides important information about modifications to the product that may require you to adjust your workflow, configuration, or usage. These release notes also list system requirements, including supported platforms, and known problems.
- ATS cluster nodes are updated to the latest IBM Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server version 3.8.0 for increased security and stability, including updates to address Spectre and Meltdown.
- Increased security related to user management of ATS API keys. Only the creator of an API key is allowed to GET and DELETE an API key. A GET request for all API keys will return only keys created by the authenticated user who sent the request.
- ATS users can now have multiple ATS subscriptions. As a result, the subscription ID can now be specified in the X-ATS-Service-Instance-Id header for certain ATS API methods, including /pub/v1/access_keys, /pub/v1/api_keys, and /pub/v1/trustpolicy.
- Due to changes that increase ATS stability, ATS now limits the number of files that can be viewed in IBM Aspera Console to 1000. If you connect to ATS with Console version 3.3.0 or earlier, you will no longer see more than 1000 files.
- ATS for IBM Bluemix has new public subnets that must be whitelisted.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
ATS-190 - Renaming files in ATS clusters by using IBM Aspera Shares 1.x fails with the error message, "No such file or directory" and Shares might crash. Note: This is still an issue for Shares 2.x.
Aspera transfer client: The following products can be configured to transfer using ATS:
- Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point Client, and Desktop Client 3.6+
- Faspex 3.9.4+
- Shares 1.9.6+
- Console 3.1.1+ (Transfer monitoring)
- Console 3.2.0 (GA)+ (Transfer monitoring and initiation)
- Aspera Files
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
ATS-190 - Renaming files in ATS clusters by using IBM Aspera Shares 1.x or 2.0.x fails with the error message, "No such file or directory" and Shares might crash.
ATS-187 - Access to ATS is not revoked when the Aspera ID password is changed because Aspera Desktop Client does not ask for a password. (CIM-803) Workaround: On each Desktop Client for which you want to revoke access, go to Tools > Manage ATS. Select the subscription that you want to manage from the Subscription drop-down menu and click Manage. Click the subscription that you want to remove and click the minus sign (Delete a subscription).
ATS-63 - When you add an ATS cluster to an Aspera web application (IBM Aspera Shares or IBM Aspera Faspex), the ATS access key does not consistently provide access to ATS, often quickly alternating between usable and unusable.
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.