This document is to help existing Aspera Files customers plan out their upgrade to IBM Aspera on Cloud.
March 19: Early Access
- The new URL will be available, under https://<your-ORG>.ibmaspera.com where your-ORG is your organization's sub domain.
- Any existing Files users can point their browser to the new URL and login with their existing Aspera Files credentials.
- Existing Files application will continue to work as usual.
April 10: General Availability
- All new subscribers will be on boarded to the new environment: https://<your-ORG>.ibmaspera.com
- All existing subscribers will be prompted to consider migrating their users over to the new URL.
- Moving over to the new URL will involve transitioning to the IBM ID (password reset required)
May 5: Upgrade to IBM id Login
- On next login, all existing users will be prompted to upgrade to the new IBM ID and URL
May 21: Upgrade completed
- All Files users should start using the new web application interface
Question: What is new and why should I upgrade?
Aspera Files is getting upgraded to IBM Aspera on Cloud. Here are the highlights:
- Aspera on Cloud will have a whole new user experience for sharing and sending files, folders, and packages. The experience was designed by professional designers and will make it easier for users to interact with the service.
- Aspera on Cloud expands on existing Files capabilities to add reporting and transfer automation (expected in Q3). The new reporting functionality will allow administrators to generate detailed reports of their transfers and application usage.
- The new solution is being branded IBM Aspera on Cloud and hosted at a new URL: https://<your-ORG>.ibmaspera.com
Question: What should I do to prepare for the upgrade?
There are a few preparations to consider:
- Become familiar with the coming changes. We encourage you to participate in the early access program and welcome your feedback about the new service. We do suggest that administrators take a look at the new user interface prior to the General Availability date as there are some enhancements to the application.
- Mark your calendars with the important dates described above.
- You will not need to request an upgrade. Simply login into the new URL when you are ready.
- Administrators should communicate the upcoming changes to their Aspera Files users. You can email them directly, or use the login page notification option in Files to publish a notification about the upcoming changes.
- Administrators who use Single Sign On (SSO) with Aspera Files will need to make the following changes
- Create a second SAML configuration which enables your SSO to redirect back to the new URL: https://<your-ORG>.ibmaspera.com
- The procedure for adding a SAML configuration is documented in the Files Help Center Here. (note: Login to Files is required)
- Administrators may need to reconfigure Firewall Ports:
- If you whitelist asperafiles.com via a forward proxy you will need to whitelist ibmaspera.com
- If you have an on-premises Node that is exposed with Aspera Files backend and you are:
- Whitelisting by IP: No action is required
- Whitelisting by hostname: Action is required; Update to the new hostname by May 5.
Question: How do I upgrade?
The upgrade process is designed to be seamless and automatic. You will only need to reconfigure your Firewall ports if relevant to your environment.
Question: What will happen to my existing subscription?
Existing subscribers will be grandfathered in. If the current subscription is right for you, just stay where you are. If you want to take advantage of some of the new features, or pricing options, please contact your IBM salesperson. If you do not have contact information for your salesperson, please reach out to email@example.com.
Question: Where can I get help?
The following resources are available to you: